Essential oils are broken into categories for easier use.
- Citrus: Bergamot, Lime, Lemon, Sweet Orange, Mandarin and Tangerine.
- Floral: Rose, Lavender, Lotus, Geranium, Jasmine, and Neroli.
- Earthy: Vetivery, Patchouli, Myrrh, Frankincense, Sandalwood.
- Medicinal: Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Oregano, Rosemary.
- Mint: Peppermint, Spearmint, Wintergreen.
- Oriental/Spicy: Ginger, Cinnamon Leaf, Black Pepper, Nutmeg, Cloves
- Woody: Pine, Sage, Juniper, Cedarwood, Clary Sage.
So, how do you know which oils mix well from each category? Here’s a cheat sheet to get you started: